Position: Logistician and Driver
Place of work: Bissau and Bula, Guinea-Bissau.
Planned start: August/September 2023 (as soon as possible)
ENGIM is an NGO that operates in 16 countries around the world and carries out international cooperation projects. Since 1993, it has been active in the field of vocational training and business incubation in Guinea-Bissau. The main local partner is the CIFAP vocational centre (with offices in Bissau and Bula) run by the Congregation of Giuseppini del Murialdo. The two centres offer training courses to more than 200 young people in different fields.
The logistician and driver will work on the project “Coinvolgiamo tuttə per costruire il nostro futuro: Politiche, formazione e lavoro per un business inclusivo!”, (We involve everyone to build our future: Policies, training and work for an inclusive business!), within the PROMOSSI programme, funded and managed by the Italian Agency for Development Cooperation. The project aims to promote an inclusive society, capable of offering vocational training and job opportunities to everyone for participatory and sustainable economic growth.
The logistician and driver is responsible for the fulfilment of all logistical activities relating to the ENGIM office in Bissau and Bula.
Description of Main Functions and Responsibilities:
- Project driver
- Ensuring that the project vehicle(s) are well maintained and that vehicle use policies are respected.
- Keeping up-to-date records of vehicle use, including fuel consumption and records of journeys and trips
- Ensure that the project vehicle(s) are clean and have all the necessary accessories; carry out monthly checks on the vehicle including checking the condition of the tyres, engine oil level, water level in the radiator, cooling system, brakes etc.
- Supervising and assisting in the loading and unloading of material
- Notifying the Project Coordinator in good time of any repairs or overhauls that may be necessary
- Collect and deliver project-related material when requested
- Assisting with administrative, logistical and other services inherent to the implementation of the project (purchase of material and equipment; visits and missions, etc.)
Functionally and hierarchically reports to the Project Coordinator.
CANDIDATE PROFILE: REQUIREMENTS
Qualifications and Skills Required
- Possession of a valid driving licence in the territory of Guinea-Bissau
- Willingness to work outside normal office hours, including public holidays and weekends when necessary
- Ability to drive motorbikes up to 125 cc will be an advantage
- Portuguese – Good reading, writing and conversation skills
- English – Good level of conversation
- At least three years’ work experience as a driver/logistician
- Experience in international co-operation projects (preferred)
- Experience of lecturing on elements of national legislation
Ability to work in a team and communicate effectively with national and expatriate colleagues
To apply, send your CV and motivation letter in Portuguese to the following address: email@example.com with the subject line “PROMOSSI-LOGISTICO/MOTORISTA”.
Applications from women and people with disabilities are encouraged.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ENGIM reserves the right to close the selection as soon as a suitable candidate for the position has been found.